CV Sabina Ivascu
Born in Transylvania, 1949.
Graduate Institute of Fine Arts, Bucharest, 1974. Ph.D. Visual Arts, National University of Arts, 2001.
Since 1969 presented decorative and graphic works as well as paintings in exhibitions hold in Romania, Belgium, China, Greece and Germany.
• Curatorial projects concerning Pedagogy of Art students.
• June 1998 - Culture House 'Friedrich Schiller', Bucharest.
• July 1998 - Romanian-German Foundation, Sibiu
• July 1999 - 'Astra' Library, Sibiu • July 2000 - National Institute of Architecture Bucharest 'CO - LECTIA 7', sustaining universitary degree exam.
• July 2004, “Enuntio 2004” Culture House 'Friedrich Schiller', Bucharest.
• March 2008, “Metamorphosis”, Culture House 'Friedrich Schiller', Bucharest. The other activities focus on the instruction for future teachers in High School of Arts. Projects for teacher degree in Pedagogy of Art Department
• “Pathetic and sublime as aesthetic categories in Byzantine Sacred Art and Romanian Medieval Art”, (expected to appear, Media Publishing House). Project concerning “The teaching and learning Art Language” (will appear, in 2010 to Media Publishing House). ”Forms of expression in Contemporary Art” (will appear in 2012).
• 1991- 2009, Happenings and performance, short films with spontaneous drawings focusing on the elements of point, line, shape. Music used: Giuseppe Verdi, Gioacchino Rossini, George Gershwin, Carl Orff. Martian Negrea, Anton Suteu.
• First beginnings of the videowork-cooperation with Beate Gördes.
• 1995, Paris, at Pompidou Center: Brancusi retrospective, documentary realized with Prof. Dr.Dragos Gheorghiu. In this film we use the observational mode of filming trying to record what is there: images and details concerning the Brancusi retrospective, the reconstruction of Brancusi's studio, with works and tools displayed. A second part of documentary shows some important details from Rodin Museum. The function of film is didactic documentary. The film fragments were presented on Romanian Television Antena 1 in Mai, 1995.
Exhibition Record (selection):
1968 Drawings, Romanian Atheneum
1973 Decorative Art Projects Exhibition, Iasi
1974 Painting, Dalles Gallery, Bucharest
1975 Painting, Dalles Gallery, Bucharest
1975 Graphic Arts, Simu Museum, Bucharest 1975 Graphic Arts, Orizont Gallery, Bucharest
1975 Graphic Arts, Art Gallery Hunedoara 1977 Graphic Arts, Engraving Salon, Victoria Gallery, Brasov
1977 Graphic Arts, Orizont Gallery, Bucharest
1977 Graphic Arts, Praid Gallery, Harghita
1980 Painting, Autumn Salon, Dalles, Bucharest
1982 Painting, Spring Salon,Dalles, Bucharest
1983 Painting, Autumn Salon, Dalles, Bucharest
1983 Painting, Spring Salon, Dalles, Bucharest
1985 Painting, Autumn Salon, Dalles, Bucharest
1986 Painting, Bucharest National Art Museum
1986 Painting, Autumn Salon, Dalles, Bucharest
1986 Watercolor, Orizont Gallery, Bucharest 1987 Painting, Caminul Artei Gallery Bucuresti
1987 Painting, Group Exhibition, Dalles Gallery, Bucharest
1988 Painting, Group Exhibition Caminul Artei Gallery, Bucharest
1988 Painting, Bucharest National Art Museum
1989 Graphic Arts Salon, Dalles Gallery, Bucharest
1991 Painting, Spring Salon ARTEXPO, Bucharest
1992 Painting, Spring Salon ARTEXPO, Bucharest
1993 Painting, Municipal Salon, ARTEXPO, Bucharest
1994, Painting, Municipal Salon, ARTEXPO, Bucharest
1995 Painting, Municipal Salon, ARTEXPO, Bucharest
1996 Object, Tristan Tzara Centenary, Art Gallery Bacau
1996 Painting, Municipal Salon, ARTEXPO, Bucharest
1997 Painting, SCIF, ARTEXPO, Bucharest
1998 Painting, SCIF ARTEXPO, Bucharest
1973 Tempera “Decorative composition”, High School 26, Militari, Bucharest*
1974 Mosaic “Decorative composition”, pavement, Agronomic Institute, Bucharest*
1972 Graphic Art, Knokke Le Zout Bienalle, Belgium*
1989 Painting, Group Exhibition, Beijing, China
1993 Painting, Thessaloniki, Greece*
1994 Painting, Group Exhibition, Belgrad, Jugoslavia
1981 Painting, Hanul cu Tei, Bucuresti*
1982 Painting, Metopa Gallery, Pitesti*
1989 Graphic Art, Galateea Gallery, Bucharest*
1996 Painting and drawings, Latin America’s House, Bucharest*
1996 Painting and drawings, Simeza Gallery, Bucharest*
1997 Drawings, Paintings, Bochum Gallery, Germany*
2002 Mixed teknique, Art Gallery, Coventry, Great Britain*.
2003 Pastel drawings, French Club, Sofitel, Bucharest*
2009 Video Projections with Beate Gördes, Kunstraum 57, Cologne, Germany
Works in privat collections: Belgium, China, Germany, Greece, France, Great Britain, Italy, Nigeria, USA, Sweden, Turkey.
Workshop: November 1997 at National Art University Bucharest, with the German artist Klaus Merkel.
"Lights, seasons, memories, great cultures of the world, and many others sources inspired me. My artistic "vision" or my option for various techniques leads me always for many directions. I am interested in experiences involving the visual art. I am passionate to discover the aesthetic status of art today and the role of the images in the contemporary art comparing with the ancient art."
Seitenanfang / Top